In this less sweet, tangy rendition of an Old Fashioned, we let Mother Shrub's Black Cherry Shrub take the lead. Based out of Richmond, Mother Shrub crafts artisan drinking vinegar designed for cocktails with or without alcohol. Refreshingly tart and delicately sweet, they offer a cooling reprieve from midday heat.
- 1.5 oz Bulleit Bourbon
- 1 oz C. Comoz Vermouth Blanc de Chambéry
- 0.5 oz Mother Shrub Black Cherry Shrub
- 0.25 oz simple syrup
- 1 dash Artemisia Incendia Bitters
- Brandied Cherries
- Combine & stir.
- Strain into a tumbler with two medium ice cubes.
- Garnish with cherries. Look at cherry blossom photos on your DC friends’ Instagrams.