Simple blended snacks are a mainstay when the farming season is rolling full tilt. Long days spent harvesting crops and packing CSA deliveries means that time for meal prep is scarce. Healthy, filling bites like hummus with pita or fresh veggies keeps us working at our best. Sneaking in a little oloroso during work hours never hurts, either.
A few quick notes about this recipe: our hummus is heavy of the tahini, so if you're looking for something lighter, you might reconsider this recipe. This also makes a large batch, but it can easily be halved if, unlike us, you find quarts of hummus daunting.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 3/4 cup tahini (we recommend Soom brand)
- 3/4 cup untoasted sesame oil or cold-pressed olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 tbsp salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup Oloroso sherry
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or a high-speed blender and puree until smooth.
- Adjust salt, spices, lemon juice, and Oloroso to taste.