As cooler days descend, we find ourselves embracing the Norwegian and Danish practice of Hygge; a philosophy of self-care centered on creating a sense of cozy comfort and peaceful joy. Whether curling up with a book beside an open fire or crafting a comforting cocktail with artfully-made spirits, Hygge is an ember of joy at the darkened close of the year.
- 2 oz Cognac
- 1 oz Rappa Giovanni Ratafia’ di Andorno Liquore di Noci
- ½ oz Averna Amaro Siciliano
- ⅙ oz Aberlour A’bundah Single Malt Scotch Whiskey
- 2 dashes Artemisia Quercus Bitters
- Orange Rind (for garnish)
- Combine Cognac, Ratafia, Averna, Scotch, and bitters in a shaker over ice and stir.
- Strain into a tumbler glass and garnish with orange rind.