A flat palette of white ornamented with the spiced brambles of winter, we wove together our Æstas Bitters with @wildroots_apothecary Lemon and Cardamom Botanical Syrup. In keeping with reinstating a sense of terroir in cocktails, we’ve embarked on an exploration of local artisans and atypical creators whose work breathes new life into the well-worn grooves of the common glass.
Wild Roots is a modern apothecary located in #sperryvillevirginia. They make a wide assortment of botanical syrups, tonics, tinctures, tea, and wellness remedies inspired by the wisdom of nature. For those seeking a fresh, elegant alternative to mainstream cocktail accoutrements, we highly recommend them.
- 1.5 oz Malfy Gin Con Limone
- 1 oz Wild Roots Lemon Cardamom Botanical Syrup
- 0.5 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- 3 dashes Artemisia Æstas Bitters
- 1 Star Anise cluster
- Combine all ingredients save for the Star Anise in a shaker with ice and shake aggressively for 25-30 seconds.
- Strain into a coupe glass and garnish with Star Anise.