What began as an attempt at a portmanteau quickly became an ode to burnout in the face of entrepreneurialism. A fitting gesture, given that the majority of the cocktail is given over to Virginia-local small businesses.
- 1.5 oz Vitae Golden Rum (Charlottesville)
- 1/2 oz Crescent Simples Blueberry Lavender Syrup (Richmond)
- 3/4 oz lime juice2 dashes Artemisia Junio Bitters (Bentonville)
- Lavender sprig as garnish
- Combine rum, syrup, lime juice, and bitters in a shaker over ice and shake until very cold.
- Strain into a Nick and Nora glass and garnish with a lavender sprig.
- Tell the Blahs to beat it and enjoy your drink.